• DYK - The first electronic Access Control was in 1975 when a Norwegian lock maker invented the VingCard, the world’s first recordable keycard hotel door lock.
Why Access Control?
Did You Know; The first electronic Access Control system was developed in 1975, after a Norwegian engineer and locksmith, Tor Sørnes, heard reports about American singer, Connie Francis, was attacked in her hotel room. He was a big fan and was moved by the story. He realized the danger people faced when staying in hotels and was determined to help. Her story inspired him to invent a better door opening system, so hotel guests could feel safe and secure.
Sørnes invented the first electronic Access Control “VingCard” ...a mechanical hole card-operated lock that had a pattern of holes that could be manipulated into 32 positions giving the key 4.2 billion combinations, to form a unique hotel door card for each guest. The intuitive lock would only open for a certain person at a certain time and revolutionized access control in the hospitality industry. Modern Hotel keycards can feature various technologies, such as a Magnetic Strip, RFID, and Mobile Key technology.
Today, Access Control credential technology is a key component of data security to mitigate risks and increase safety, by leveraging cryptographic standards and biometric technology to ensure safety, security, and peace of mind.
Access Control is all about keeping the Unwanted, Unqualified, and Unverified out, and the Wanted, Qualified, and Verified in.
Master Video’s secure Access Control Systems help protect property assets and creates a safe environment for patients, guests, employees, and visitors. Our biometric smart cards and identity management systems regulate movement throughout business facilities, ensuring authorized authentication for individual access only to approved locations and information.
Access Control Applications:
• Hospitality; Access Control to secure access to hallways, common spaces, and parking lots, that promotes a safe and secure environment for guest safety.
• Healthcare; Access Control security solutions to help protect patients and staff across hospital areas and locations, while securing information and equipment.
• Venues; Access Control secures private spaces in large crowds, with integrated video security to help ensure spectator safety and quick response to events.
• Education; Access Control security solutions help create a safe and secure teaching and learning environment to protect students, staff, and faculty.
• Corporate; Access Control analytics to manage security permissions for employees, contractors, and guests, to keep commercial facilities safe and secure.
• Government; Access Control Systems provide an end-to-end unified solution that meets the important security standards for critical infrastructure and buildings.
• Worship Centers; Access control keeps doors open during services and locked at other times while tracking internal personnel's comings and goings.
Benefits of Electronic Access Control
• Safety; Emergency lockdowns, fail-safe unlocks.
• Security; Employee access hours flexibility.
• Permissions; Doors, floors, multiple locations.
• Loss Prevention; Restricted access, employee tracking.
• Deterrent; Risk reduction of criminal vandalism.
• Compliance; HIPPA regulations, IT security standards.
• Economical; Lighting & HVAC Integration.
• Analytics; Entry/exit reporting, who comes & goes.
• Convenient; Ease of access, HR set & forget.
• Keyless; No lost keys or lock changes.
Master Video’s Access Control Systems are designed to help you focus on securing your people, property, and assets, via keypads, card readers, or mobile devices, with the flexibility to respond to alerts anytime, anywhere, in real-time.
• Scalable to the changing needs of your business
• 100% browser-based, no software installation required
• Fully integrates with video management systems
• Analytic dashboard with management reporting
Set Role-based, Discretionary or Mandatory Access Permissions
“With unsurpassed integration and enterprise capabilities, Master Video's Access Control solutions allow businesses to customize security to their specific needs, enabling them to better secure and manage their security and business infrastructures remotely via the Cloud.” - Mike Lawshe – President